Saturday, 7 February 2015

Can we blame clubbers, or are cyclists litter bugs?

So, I keep seeing seeing cannisters by the side of the road when I go out for a ride; especially on our club run routes.

Blimey i thought, those night-clubbers, who've enjoy a blast of nitrous oxide of an evening, then decided to discard them on their wasted route home, through the country lanes of Essex, very naughty, but given the number of discarded cans of Fosters, Strongbow etc. no worse than anything else these days...

But then, I saw a gel pack and the realisation came that maybe the culprits were (or at least should be) entirely sober likes of me - cyclists! So it seems folks simply cannot be bothered in their post-puncture haste to clear up; or maybe the 15 grams of cannister weight would slow them down in their need to catch up with the chain gang?

The pro peloton doing it is bad enough, but necessary and I'd hope cleaned up by race organisers; we amateurs don't get that privilege, but are the first to moan when the less frequently used roads we like to ride are fly tipped.

Surely we should impose a little maturity and consideration in order to keep the good name of our hobby?

No comments:

Post a Comment